Saturday, February 11, 2012

Days 9, 10 & 11

After a few brief days of being so busy I haven't had time to blog, I am finally gonna be able to get caught up.

Day 9 was Thursday, and we had a great day planned, but the temperature was beginning to turn cold again, so I broke out the crock pot for a Chicken Cream Cheese Chili that really hit the spot when we got home Thursday night.  I had to work at my family's store on Thursday, then come home and do some design work for some graduation invitations, so having dinner ready and waiting was really nice.

On Day 10, I actually didn't cook anything.  Not to worry, David cooked up a Pinterest recipe that we had tried previously for him and the kids while I was working in the kitchen at an American Cancer Society function.  He made the Chicken Roll Ups things that have quickly become a fan favorite at our house.

Today, we tried to go all out and do a Pinterest recipe with whatever we had on hand (I haven't made a big grocery trip in about a week and a half, so this was actually harder than it may seem).  We ended up making Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Fruit Salad, a regular tossed salad, rice, and a roll.  Everybody was looking for more chicken, so I am sure this will become a new weeknight staple.  The chicken took about 30 minutes start to finish and the fruit salad was ready in about 5 minutes.  Now a few pictures of Day 11.
 Mayo and Parmesan Cheese mixed together
 Chicken ready to be covered in mayo & cheese mixture
(We lined the pan with parchment paper to make for easier cleanup)
 Got the wet stuff on, just waiting on the dry
Ready for the oven with the Panko crumbs and Italian Seasoning
 Ingredients for the Fruit Salad
 Fruit cut and in the bowl
 Fruit Salad
Chicken's Done
David's Beautiful Salad 
 Chicken over Rice
 My plate, YUMM-O!!
 What better to complement dinner than a big glass of sweet tea!!
 Alyssa is ready to eat!!
So is B!!

As a reminder, I am gonna have a cooking themed giveaway as well.  I will take all the comments during each week of February and use random.org to generate a winner once a week, so the more you comment, the higher your chance of winning.  So, one entry per comment, one entry per person you send to the blog (they have to comment and let me know you sent them), one entry per follow (either Pinterest or the blog), and one entry per pin (just pin my blog on Pinterest and let me know in the comments section).  Hope everyone enjoys the month of fun new recipes.  

1 comment:

  1. You might want to consider compiling all of these yummy looking recipes into a family cookbook'!! I will sign up for a copy!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete