Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2 - Chicken Tacos, Corn Salad, and Strawberry Skewers

Well, although today didn't kick off quite as planned, but I still managed to cook dinner made totally off of Pinterest.  I threw chicken, salsa, taco seasoning, and cream cheese in the crock pot before work this morning in preparation for the chicken tacos.  I was running a little bit behind, so I just tossed the rest of the stuff for dinner that I had grabbed at the grocery store this morning in the fridge.  I was rushing, but still managed to get a couple of pictures this morning as I was tossing it all in the crock pot.

 Salsa and taco seasoning
 Mix and add a block of cream cheese
Toss the chicken on top, put the lid on, head out the door.

Unfortunately, these were the only pictures that I managed to get.  I ended up going back by work after I picked the kids up, so I called David with the recipe for the corn salad and I made the strawberry skewers when I got home.  By the time I was done, Mom, Dad, and my little sister, Lindsay were here for dinner and we all sat down and pigged out.  I didn't think about taking pictures until we were all done and David was cleaning up.  It was incredibly good, and everybody cleaned their plates, kiddos included. 


Here are the pins I used today:
Chicken Tacos
Corn Salad
Strawberry Skewers (Not really a recipe just a picture I saw pinned and changed the kind of cake used to pound cake)

I will be back tomorrow night with another round of recipes and results!!


1 comment:

  1. Another yummy meal!! I'm liking ths whole pinterest dining idea you have going on!!! Love, Mom

    P.s. second entry into the contest!! LOL

    ReplyDelete