Sunday, February 19, 2012

Days 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18

I know, I got really busy and forgot to blog, but we have still been at the eating from Pinterest challenge.  I will try to get some pictures up later, but I wanted to get the list of what all we made up on here now since I had a quick minute.

Day 13 we made Strawberry heart-shaped Oreos.  They were so good and super easy to make.  Just take a strawberry cake mix, 3/4 cup shortening, and 2 eggs and mix them together until you have a stiff batter.  To make hearts, roll them into little balls and then stick two balls next to each other and squish the bottoms together.  For the icing, take 1 block of cream cheese, 1/2 stick of butter, a little vanilla, and 4 cups of powdered sugar and mix them together.  The original recipe came from here.  Everybody that had one of these loved them.  The only issue I had was that the second egg I broke had twin yolks, so the batter wasn't quite as stiff and the hearts ended up kinda looking like rear-ends.  Oh well, they were still good and everybody at the office loved them.

Day 14 we actually made two different pins because I knew we wouldn't be able to do anything the next day.  We started off with Red Velvet Pancakes with Sweet Cream Cheese Topping.  They were really good, but the kiddos didn't like them.  David loved them and the ladies at work loved them.  Super rich and decadent, and definitely more of an adult breakfast.  This pin initially came from recipegirl.com  For dinner I decided to go all out for Valentine's Day and we had Filet with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce, loaded Baked Potatoes, and salad.  My family loves steak and this was so good!!  Even better was the fact that there was enough steak left for two steak salads for me and my mom at work on Saturday. 

Day 15 we were super busy and I didn't feel good, so quick breakfast, lunch at school and work, and dinner at church for everyone. 

Day 16 brought some more help from David and he made me white chocolate macadamia nut cookies(we made some of the ones in the roll on the night we met).  Here is the original recipe he used, but instead of using 1/2 cup shortening and 1/4 cup butter, he just used 1/2 cup of butter.  He shaped it into a big heart and made me a great big cookie cake out of it (I know, you're jealous).  Here is the recipe link.

Day 17 was another crazy busy day, and we just didn't get anything made.  I worked all day and then we had Alyssa's Upward Basketball Celebration. 

Day 18 is getting ready to come out of the oven as I type.  David has made something we found on Pinterest and have made several times in the past month or so.  Frito's Chili Cheese Pie is quickly becoming a family favorite and since it is all cold and wet (apparently Snowmageddon is going to hit Tennessee tonight), we thought this would be a good one.  The original recipe comes from sweet treats and more and my amazing husband has made it all tonight. 

The next week looks to be lots of fun with a couple things winding down and the kids being out on Winter Break and Handbell Festival at the end of the week.  I love bell festival and look forward to it every year.  Don't forget to enter for the giveaways!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment