Thursday, August 11, 2011

What a Day

Today has been a day full of firsts for us.  Prissy B went to her first day of 3rd grade.  She had a blast and is super excited about going back tomorrow.  It is so good to see her so excited.  Fireboy B went to anoter day with the lady that is going to keep him for us this year.  He is loving being with her and today was the first day that her kids were all at school and his friends were there with him.  Next week he will start school at our church and another church, the same two schools he went to last year.  He is really looking forward to starting next week.  I am so glad that he is staying with this lady.  She texted me tonight to see if she could take the boys to the pool tomorrow.  On the other side of the coin, Mr. B and I have both been extremely busy at work.  He is still enjoying his new job and I am filling in for another lady that had surgery earlier this week. 

Thanks to those of you who have responded about my just wondering question.  Someone had suggested "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  I have this on my iPad and have been loving reading it everyday.  It is very short devotionals and by using the electronic version, I am able to take it with me.  I have been reading the devotional at one point during the day, then the verses several times throughout the day.

Have you ever thought about how amazing it is that God leads us to the areas that we need to be reading about?  It seems like every devotion book I open here lately and every Bible study day that I do is speaking to me with exactly what I am needing to hear that day.  I have heard people say that when they redo a Bible study or devotion book, it is like they have never seen it before.  I can understand that because when God is truly leading us to what we need, then what we take from it will be different every time. 

Tonight is definitely a night to be thanking God for all the he has given us, so I will finish this one up with some more towards my 1000 Gifts.

23.  Cooler temperatures

24.  Finding that one thing you need for the birthday party

25.  Finding a babysitter that your kids love

26.  NCIS reruns

27.  Snackwells white fudge drizzled caramel corn (If you haven't had it, just know that it is AMAZING)

28.  Cohesive signage (I am totally OCD about things sometimes)

29.  Vehicles tat run and have air conditioning

30.  The inspiration of friends, family, and neighbors

31.  A boss that shows gratitude and appreciation for my work

No comments:

Post a Comment