Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Here we go again!

So, here I am again, quite a while from my last post, but still trying to hang in here.  Things got kinda crazy around here the past couple of weeks.  Between Mr. B's new job, Prissy B's T-Ball games and church camps and dance camps (you get the drift), Fireboy B's potty training adventures, and my job and school stuff, it has just been hectic.  I am definitely ready for school to be starting this next week.  I am ready to get into a new routine and have some things settled back down.  Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but when you have to scrape the whole time to get babysitters covered, it makes it a little stressful. 
We got some bad news last week when Fireboy B's babysitter that he had all year last year after his days at school (church programs) where done until I could pick him up texted Mr. B to let him know that she had moved out of state and wouldn't be keeping the kids.  She has had Prissy B and Fireboy B in class at the church programs, watched Fireboy B at least 3 days a week all last school year (along with 2 other boys that he says are his "Bestest Fwends," and really been great for him to get used to me going to work.  She told me last May that she was going to leave her husband, but would be back at the end of summer to watch the boys.  I texted with her over the summer checking on her and seeing if she was okay and if she was still planning on keeping the boys.  She was, up until last Friday.  Did I mention that school starts on Thursday of next week?  Well, this little tidbit should have thrown me into full blown panic mode.  Luckily, I have been doing a wonderful Bible study that has continually been showing and telling me to quit worrying and trying to control everything and give it up to God.  For once, I really did that.  I really managed to stop the panic and pray about it.  By Saturday evening, another sitter had been lined up.  If that isn't an answer to prayers, then I don't know what is. 

Needless to say, that wasn't all that the last two weeks have had in store for us, and I am hoping that the surprises are going to slow down sometime soon, but I really got a life lesson out of this past weekend.  I am really trying to quit controlling everything that involves me.  I am 1.5 weeks into my last 5 week course before being finished with my M.S. in Criminal Justice.  My goal is to have learned to let go by the time I am done. 

We went to get school supplies last week, too.  I was a little sad to look at Prissy B's list and discover that it wasn't anything that she could really get to pick out the fun colors and patterns with, and there wasn't much of it.  Now, I am a self-proclaimed office supply nerd, so to go into Office Max or Staples is a huge exciting deal for me.  I love office supplies.  I love to get new notebooks and pens and desk stuff, you get the picture.  I had been looking forward to real school supply lists (you know, when you get to higher grades and the lists get longer) since Prissy B started school.  I guess I will just keep on looking forward to those lists, because this was not the year. 

We have another busy weekend ahead of us.  I guess it is kinda fitting since it is the last weekend of a pretty hectic summer.  Prissy B has a dance recital/fundraiser for a local missions organization on Friday, we have family movie night at church on Friday after the recital, there are papers to be written on Saturday, and housework to be done all weekend, plus I have to finish getting everything settled for the birthday parties next Sunday, the Festival of Tables at church next Saturday, and I start working more days next week because one of the other ladies is having surgery and I am gonna be doing her stuff as well as mine.  I am hoping to start blogging more regularly, but I have decided that if I am not able to, it is okay.  I WILL get my stress levels under control.  Nobody likes a stressed out me. 


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment