Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 1 done

Well, I didn't make my goal of posting twice last week, but I am still on track with my reading for the Bible in 90 Days. I find myself looking forward to doing the readings every night, even though I haven't necessarily enjoyed the portions where it lists the lineage of people. I have to admit to skimming those parts a little bit. So far we have read all of Genesis and Exodus and the things that have really been standing out to me so far are just the realizations that we are not the first to doubt and that God is the only one who truly see us. It is amazing to me to think about how much faith the Israelites had to leave Egypt with Moses, only to turn around and start questioning how they were going to make it. Even Moses didn't want to do what God was telling him to do because he didn't have the faith that God would help him talk to the Pharaoh. That is very comforting to me. To think that these people who were seeing these amazing things happening through God were still doubtful at times makes me feel a little closer to them. I guess I have always thought of Moses in a way that doesn't idolize him, but does place him a little higher (and holier) than I have ever been. This makes him more human to me.

I am gonna post a family update while I am on here real quick as well just in case I don't make it back this week. Mr. B is still in Missouri, but is supposed to be back on Saturday. Prissy B is enjoying all these snow days, but I think she really is ready to go back. I am definitely ready for schools to go back. Prissy B had her first Upward game of the year this past Saturday and did really well. I was very proud of her efforts. Fireboy B is just same little crazy kid. He is absolutely obsessed with all things Fire (Truck, Fighter, Station, Helmet, Extinguisher, etc.), and spends most of his day playing with the firetrucks he got for Christmas. He does stop to eat (a lot), play Club Penguin on my computer, and read. He loves to have books read to him and we have been reading 4 or 5 books a day, multiple times each. He is totally in love with football as well (makes a Mama proud, LOL) and anything UT. He has been running around singing lately and likes to switch from The First Noel to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to Rocky Top. I have to say, I love to hear him sing, but my favorite is that he is insisting on saying prayers when we sit down to eat. He doesn't want Prissy B to say them, so if she does, then he has to say his after hers. It is so sweet to hear him. As for me, grad school classes started back last Monday, and it has been kinda hard trying to fit all those readings in with everything else going on. I am getting readjusted to it though, and am looking forward to just having school over and done with. I am very excited to be having a girls night out this Wednesday with my mom, aunt, cousins, and Prissy B. I wish my sister and grandmother were coming with us, but I love to go out and do things with my family.

I think I have bored you with enough details for tonight, but I will try to get on again later this week when things have hopefully leveled out a little around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment