Monday, September 26, 2011

How many days until Christmas?!?!?

Yep, it is that time again.  I got on my facebook yesterday and was greeted by all sorts of well meaning friends reminding me that it was 90 days until Christmas.  SERIOUSLY?!?!?  That is enough to make my head start spinning trying to come up with the plan to get everything done.  Unfortunately, I also immediately started comparing to last year and the frantic feelings I had going into Christmas.  See, last year, I was trying to finish my Masters Degree, get adjusted to working again, continue all my church commitments, and be the leader of Prissy B's girl scout troop, all while Mr. B was working lots and lots of hours at the fire hall.  Needless to say, I didn't get my house all Christmas decorated up, didn't even get all my presents wrapped until Christmas Eve when we were leaving the house, and ended up feeling really disappointed with the whole mess. 

This year, we are not gonna work that way.  We have been working on decluttering and cleaning out the house for a couple weeks now, and I am going to continue on that project until October 31st, and then start with the Christmas decorations.  Yes, I really do start that early, we put up 4 Christmas trees normally, and will be adding a 5th one this year.  I also do a Christmas Cookie Swap/Bunco party on the first Friday in December every year, so I can't wait until Thanksgiving to start decorating.  I plan on doing one room a week to get decorated, and being done that first week of December so that I can really enjoy the Christmas season this year and be able to continue the traditions that the kids and I love so much.  This will be the first year that Mr. B is really going to be able to be home enough to enjoy them all, so this has the potential to be our most stellar Christmas ever.  Until then, I am gonna focus a little less on the Christmas countdown and a little more on making plans to enjoy my family and our traditions this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment